In light of new EU regulations – the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we have updated our Privacy Statement.
This privacy statement outlines what information the International Dublin Gay Theatre Festival (IDGTF) CLG collects when you interract with us, how we use this information and how we protect it.
Any personal information which you share with us when interracting with IDGTF will be used solely in accordance with this statement.
We fully respect your right to privacy and are committed to protecting it. Any Personal Information which you share with IDGTF – e.g. via our website (www.gaytheatre.ie) and online bookings, at venues, submission forms or correspondance – will be treated in accordance with GDPR.
What personal data does IDGTF collect?
Online / Box-Office bookings:
If you pre-book directly (or indirectly in our Box Office) or purchase an item from us online the following information is stored in our secure online ticketing system, Ticketsolve:
- Full name
- Email address
- Contact Phone number (optional)
- Postal address (mandatory for online bookings only)
- Which show(s) you booked
- The payment amount and type (Cash, Debit/Credit Card)
What do we do with your booking data?
- We retrieve your booking data to modify or check bookings (e.g. venue tickets). Your name & number of tickets are sent to each venue to assist with the collection of your tickets.
- 3rd parties handling your payment: Your name and postal address are only required to verify your payment details (which are securely relayed via Ticketsolve to payments gateway Realex Payments and on to your bank for authorisation)
- IDGTF: Your phone and email address are used to contact you in case of event changes or cancellations.
- We run reports on the breakdown of bookings per region and sales per show/event/item. Your personal details are never shared in these reports.
- If you optionally opt-in to receive email correspondance from us your email address is added to our mailing list.
- We have modified these options to give you more control over how your email address can be used (e.g. booking contact only, newsletter).
- See below for details on our mailing list.
Credit/Debit Card Information:
- Credit/Debit card details are neither stored by IDGTF directly nor indirectly. We cannot retrieve your card details once entered (card number, expiry, CCT). Card information is used solely to fulfill your order:
- Within Realex Payments we can view your name and payment amount/type/date. This information, securely stored, is used only to trace issues with your payments (e.g. payment rejected).
- Card details are relayed securely via Realex Payments to the merchant processing the payments (AIB)
- It is our strict policy to never ask for card details by email or in writing. For box office bookings card details are directly entered into Ticketsolve and relayed to Realex as outlined above. IDGTF does not retain this information.
Audience Response Forms & Raffle
IDGTF distributes ‘Audience Response Forms’ at performances. We use this information to gather feedback and ratings on performances.
- You can optionally choose to add your email address to the response form and optionally to join our newsletter mailing list.
- Audience response form data is recorded electronically and securely and all paper forms are shredded.
- Raffle tickets: where applicable, may contain contact information. This is not used for any other purpose than to contact you in case you win a prize. Provided contact details are not stored electronically (except to email winners).
- Our mailing lists are hosted by ymlp.com with restricted access to your data (name, email and type – e.g. ‘audience’, ‘volunteer’)
- Email addresses are added with your permission. If you wish to unsubscribe or if you do not wish to receive correspondance from us you can unsubscribe at any time:
- via a link at the bottom of every newsletter
- by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We retain a list of unsubscribed emails. This is to prevent your email address being inadvertently re-added to any mailing list in the future. You can email us (above) to also remove this record.
- Our mailing list contacts are never shared with any third party.
- To sign-up to our mailing list you must validate a link before being added. This 2-phase mechanism exists to prevent another party signing up with your email address.
- We retain your name, phone number and email address so that we can contact you about volunteer-related matters (volunteer news and rotas, up-coming Festival events where you may wish to volunteer)
- We retain securely your Criteria for Participation and Contract forms.
- These include your company & production details and information required to fulfill the obligations of both parties (performance commitments, payments to companies via IDGTF)
- We retain cast & crew lists and Gala Award Winners so that the work of our participants can be publicly credited.
- We retain details of payments made (in order to make payments and to keep accurate financial records in compliance with Company Law).
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you or rectify any personal information which is incorrect or incomplete under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at email@example.com
Please note that to protect your privacy we may require further information to verify your identity.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
As outlined above you can also directly unsubscribe from our mailing lists or modify your information at any time.
If someone else has posted your personal information on www.gaytheatre.ie without your permission and you would like it removed please contact us at email@example.com.
Our Services are not directed to persons under 14. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 14. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without such parent or guardians consent, he or she should contact us. If we become aware that a child under 14 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
Right of Erasure (‘Right to be Forgotten’)
As any party interacting with IDGTF you not only have the right to request a report of data we have retained but also to have this data erased, subject to the conditions of GDPR.
For example, in some circumstances we may need to retain data for legal or regulatory reasons (e.g. for keeping accurate financial records).
To request erasure of data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.