The 2023 Production Bursary Scheme has now closed. We have notified the successful applicants.
We would like to thank everyone who submitted.
Here are some details of the now-closed bursary scheme:
IDGTF were excited to announce the opening of our 2023 Production Bursary Scheme in July 2022. The deadline for submissions was October 1st 2022.
This Bursary opportunity, enabled by the Department of Arts new funding, invited applications from professional production companies to stage works in our 20th Festival.
The festival promotes works by LGBTQ+ authors or works that have an LGBTQ+ character, theme or relevance, such as feminism, masculinity or gender identity. We prioritise new work by Irish, Irish resident or international writers of any age or sexual orientation.
This Bursary opportunity, enabled by the Department of Arts new funding, invited applications from professional production companies to stage works in our 20th Festival, to reach us by October 1st 2022.
- New and original LGBTQ+ themed theatre works from Irish and international writers;
- Productions of classic or existing plays in the LGBTQ+ repertoire (proof of license to perform essential);
- Minority topics/subjects/characters, not previously seen in the Festival or a new explorations of relevant themes beyond traditional theatrical presentation formats;
- Short and full-length plays;
- All productions must be performed in English and/or provide their own simultaneous language translation.
The Bursary scheme was in addition to the normal submission process for participation in the Festival. Bursary proposals were adjudicated by an independent international panel of assessors, chaired by the Festival’s Founder and Artistic Director.
Four awards of €1,000 and two of €500 were awarded by the panel.
This support is in addition to the financial package the Festival makes available to all participants.